Tuesday 21 December 2010


Softly Swaying I
15x15cm acrylic on canvas
©2010 Lisa Le Quelenec





Softly Swaying II
15x15cm acrylic on canvas
©2010 Lisa Le Quelenec

I have enjoyed painting these sooooo much! My aim was to get a sense of the flower heads gently swaying in a breeze by using gentle diagonals in the stems and seed heads. Can you sense the movement?

I'm glad I did lots of sketching of the poppies in my garden during the summer. I did them for drawing practise when I was taking a break from painting, I had no intention of using them for paintings back then but I'm realising now just how well spent the time was.

1 comment:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Ah!....La Papavero,(Man of Importance). Che Bellezza. There lovely Lisa, lovely. They really stand out in 3D. Always love flowers with lots of colour, hence my favorites.....Pansies...! And, l love Orchids....! :).