Thursday 17 March 2011

Wave Watching I - work in progress...

 



Wave Watching I
acrylic on board 20x20cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec

After taking some colours for a walk last week and mixing some colourful greys and neutrals I thought I would use them for the basis of two paintings. Fundamentally the same composition but using the warm tones in one and the cool ones in the other. I wanted to see how much of a different atmosphere I could create by just changing the leanings of the colours.

In theory the warm neutrals should give a warmer atmosphere but for me this is developing a more wintry feel. This is where I've got to so far with the warmer colours, I'll start on the bluer, cooler version now and see where that leaves me.

5 comments:

Roger Seddon said...

Irrespective of whether the viewer's overall atmosphere is warm or cool, this painting is exceptional. It captures the movement and flow of breaking water so well. I really like the hazy disappearing horizon and the way in which you have blended the colours of the sky and sea to a single light tone which draws the eye in. Lovely work.

SKIZO said...

WonderfulWorkGoodCreations:)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Roger, thank you. I'm glad you have seen movement in the water. I was trying to get a sense of the wave breaking and then lazily edging to the sand.

Skizo, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

Trimegisto said...

Congratulations for your blog!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Trimegisto, thank you.