Monday 14 January 2019

An art to wintering...



Quote from my sketchbook   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec



I am slow to get started this year. I found this quote in an old sketchbook recently and it resonated with me once again. I am trying to 'hibernate magnificently' ( it involves old sketchbooks and lots of coffee so far) refilling my well of energy and ideas and I am 'turning inward' for a while.

I was very fortunate to be given the book below for Christmas and I have been savouring it. So much of what is written expresses very elegantly what I have been trying to say for a long time. I am enjoying it immensely. I have to say though I was a little disappointed in the books reproductions as they have printed so dark. The work that I know of his is suffused with light - it's what attracts me to his paintings - so it is a shame to see them so dull in the book. However the written content more than makes up for this.

These grey days of Winter can be so tiring but today there is a little sun so I will try to top up my vitamin D with a walk and see what I can see.



Fred Cuming RA - Another figure in the landscape



A belated Happy New Year to all :o)

6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa - this looks like a superb read. That is one of the treats of winter too - time to read a good book and I am with you - drinking lots of coffee. Have a great day friend. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

What a wonderful quote. Unfortunately, some books just don’t ever do the art justice - but it’s all we have when we can’t stand in front of the works themselves. So...hope the words more than make up for the duller prints.

Clipping Path said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bruce Sherman said...

Dear Friend Lisa... So very small the Universe... and how much we are kindred in spirit with those special group of friends who are willing to go beyond the vernacular view and expectation of the rest of humankind.

This outlook enjoins those of us who search for more meaning in life and our own abilities. I feel very blessed and privileged to be able to "connect" across what should be a physical boundary to find encouragement and basis to maintain my own course through observing the actions and courage of Friends that I value such as you.

Those words of wisdom are truly believable and attainable for me... as I watch and listen to you and others in our small circle of Friends. NOt at all strange... is the fact this morning that Debbie and Rhonda have as well checked in as I have.

Thank you for thoughts and continued presence in my circle of Hope!

Blessings t you and yours Lisa!
Warmest regards... and Hugs.
Bruce

JANE MINTER said...

Enjoy you book Lisa and your time to reflect

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, it was a very good book. I enjoyed seeing your snowy pictures so much and tonight we have had the smallest sprinkling - just enough to lightly cover the grass. It is probably all we will have and most likely gone by morning but it was nice to see.

Rhonda, it is a shame but his words have more than made up for it. I was nodding my head in agreement with so many of his words. I have found it very inspiring.

Hi Bruce. ...a circle of hope - I like that idea - I didn't expect when I started blogging to find such a supportive circle of people. It has been a really pleasant surprise. It doesn't feel like there is a physical boundary at all does it? More like friends popping in through the back door and drawing up a chair at the kitchen table whilst grabbing a mug for coffee and a good chin wag. (Most always dropping a gift on the sideboard too.) The thing about virtual kitchen tables is there is always room for more to join too :o) What could be better?

Hi Jane, thank you. I'm really enjoying seeing your latest posts - great stuff.