Monday 25 February 2019

Stripes on the shoreline no.25



Stripes from the shoreline no.25   paper collage mounted on paper 15x20.5cm   ©2019Lisa Le Quelenec



A hint of warmth – two days of glorious sunshine and dare I say it ..warmth – the days draw out noticeably and have influenced this warmer palette.

I used the soft, woolly found edge of a deckled piece of watercolour paper to juxtapose with a painted texture on rough paper. Both the opposite of the very smooth surface of the main block.



This collage is available at Folksy.

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa does suggest that you are experiencing a bit more warmth. So glad for you. I like your previous works with the punched out sun/moon and the boat adds such a great element to No. 23.

Thanks too for the sunshine you sent my way today :)! I am certainly enjoying it. Hugs!

Chris Lally said...

The textures are just wonderful, Lisa! This piece is a stunner!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, thank you. Doesn't a bit of sunshine and warmth lift the spirits? We have been enjoying double 'walkies' as it's been so nice - I have had no complaints :o)

Thank you Chris. The photograph isn't showing the backing paper texture to it's best advantage. It is so spongey and knobbley and tactile - a little fabric like in a way. I find photographing work quite frustrating sometimes but hey ho...