Thursday 4 July 2019

Palette inspirations - digital sketchbook pages and colour notes


I forget to show images of the things I use as as palette inspiration. I have posted about my colour notebook before here and I thought I would show a little of my notebook, digital sketchbook and scrapbook that I refer to when I work. I make these grids and medleys on down days as a way of getting my self going again. Just like looking at old sketchbooks and photos can be the little spark I need that leads to an inferno of ideas.

Ideas are not in short supply at the moment but unfortunately the small dexterity issue that I am experiencing with my hand means I cannot proceed with the work that I had intended. A lesson in patience for me but there is always something else that can be done. For now I am filling notebooks with thumbnails, catching up on admin and making some more medleys like these.


Colour notebook pages, photos and the paintings that they inspired  ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


Magazine snippets, paint charts, beach finds and a sketch that became the basis of a drypoint  ©2019LisaLeQuelenec



Snippets from a clothing catalogue with beach finds and amazonite beads   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec



Colour notebook pages, photos and the paintings that they inspired  ©2019LisaLeQuelenec



3 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

I can well understand and sympathize with you frustration... given your "digital limitations"... lol... but not! Not being able to proceed creatively... "full steam ahead" as we usually enjoy doing leaves one feeling hamstrung.

The devices you mention are very vital assets to reach back to and we too often lose sight of the impact that these earlier explorations on our current success and enjoyment of our creative process.

We should never lose sight of a real truth about homo sapiens. We come from a tradition of hunter-gatherers which PRECEDED and made possible farming and urbanization much later.

What I see... and enjoy about your creative process is your continual connection to these roots. Continue to collect... arrange and ready yourself for those days coming... beyond this affliction. It will subside. And you will have much to fuel your brushes... and fill new sketchbooks.

Warmest regards... and speedy healing!
Bruce

RH Carpenter said...

I'm sorry about your limitations right now and hope that heals well so you can get back to it - such gorgeous snippets for inspiration!!! You could be a magazine lay-out person with those color charts, bits and pieces, and inclusions of your own work = wonderful!!! A good thing to do to get the juices flowing. Sending you healing thoughts :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Bruce, thank you for the chuckle :o) sometimes it is good to slow down for a while. I am most definitely a hunter gatherer and always collecting, editing and making connections - always good to be reminded of my roots. Best wishes.

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I enjoy arranging, ordering and connecting things. It seems to be a part of my thinking process, I find it quite calming. Sometimes seeing things in a different format makes me see it with new eyes and suggests a new route to follow. Notebooks are being filled for more dexterous times :o) best wishes.