Friday 26 July 2019

Turning tide - ghost print and mixed media




Turning Tide III   monoprint ghost print and mixed media 17.5x23cm   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


I have been working into the ghost prints from last weeks post. In reality the colours are too saturated and subtle for the camera to pick up, it has made it look very grainy and the subtle aquamarine is lost. Whilst trying to adjust the image digitally to a truer representation (not very successfully) I played with cropping the image. I might try some different versions using this format next time.



Turning Tide III (crop)   monoprint ghost print and mixed media 17.5x23cm   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


We are in the midst of a heatwave so I am keeping in the shade and wallowing in these blues.....there may be more to come.


4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Working with these blues should make you feel cooler while you’re painting - and they are so lovely! I love the simplicity and the color palette. Are these watercolors or acrylics? I know I should know that but perhaps I just forgot.

Chris Lally said...

Accurate or not, the images are still stunningly beautiful, Lisa!
Like Rhonda, I'm hoping the blues make you feel cooler...

Debbie Nolan said...

Just looking at those lovely blues makes me feel cooler. Gorgeous representation of the sea and the sky. Love the shadows you captured too. Have a super day. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I have worked into the prints with colour pencils (they catch beautifully on the textures from the printing ink) and also a little added printing ink (watersoluble oil based).

Hi Chris, I have missed seeing your posts. Thank you. Things cooled down for a few days but it's back for another blast in the next week.

Thank you Debbie, I am enjoying simplicity again. There is a minimalist in me wanting to get out ;o)