Pages

▼

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Pocket book - thumbnail sketches of trees

 

Pocket book thumbnails - mostly birch trees   ©2026LisaLeQuelenec


October feels like the month for trees and storms to me - this year has been hard for local trees as it has been so dry, many have looked stressed. The last few weeks have seen rain and a bit of a recovery and I am wondering what Autumn will bring. So far it is still warm and my garden has started flowering again so who knows. 

The above thumbnails are taken from my pocket book and quickly sketched whilst out walking. They are around 4cm square mostly and no more than a quickly scribbled note. (Pocket book is a bit of a lofty name for what is essentially left over bits of paper folded into concertinas but it sounds much better than paper leftovers. Waste not want not, I can't let good paper go to waste.)

I am going to try to translate these notes along with the memories of familiarity of the places into some drypoint etchings. I hope I can keep the sketchiness and atmosphere of the thumbnails and not overwork the prints. I don't want to be too literal....we will see how that goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment