Wednesday 23 February 2011

More still life..

 
I've been carrying on with the still life painting and have been playing around in photo editing software with it. I quite like changing the colours using the negative filter, it sometimes throws up palettes that I wouldn't think of using. The purple, pink, gold below is different and I think completely changes the mood.

The one that feels more like me is the palette in the square cropped version. The siennaish colour is a lot more subdued and subtle than I would normally paint with - I think thats why I like it. In this crop I changed it using either the coloured pencil or pastel feature. (I forget which now, I made quite a few variations.) I like the softened edges and this might be a possibility to explore in the next painting.






No comments: