Friday 8 April 2011

Priory Moon, Christchurch

Priory Moon, Christchurch
acrylic on paper 12x12cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec

I've painted this view of Christchurch Priory from the reed beds many times but I've used a higher viewpoint before, looking more across rather than up and personal with the reeds, which are a joy to paint . In this one I wanted to concentrate on the mark making, there's some really thick and grungy paint making up these marks and I've tried to keep it loose and more impressionistic.

4 comments:

Sherrie York said...

Lisa, I really like this "belly-to-the-reeds" view... I can hear the insects and feel the damp from here.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Sherrie, 'belly to the reeds' view, I like it :o) there may be a few more to come in future. Thank you for stopping by.

daviddrawsandpaints said...

I love nocturnal views. Very mysterious, and so many things can happen in the dark of night.

Perhaps that's why I love "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi David, me too. I saw a great open air production in the grounds of Highcliffe castle one summer evening. Not quite dark but it was magic.