Thursday 8 October 2015

Gulls and waves



seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com  ©2015LisaLeQuelenec
Solo   dry point  8x7.5cm   ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec


Another small drypoint made on a perspex plate. As an experiment I started to draw into one of the prints. I think the vignette idea is still trying to work its way out of my head because I felt like the sea needed to break the confines of the plate.


seasidestudiosblog.blogspot.com  ©2015LisaLeQuelenec
Into the Wind   10x10cm drypoint and mixed media   ©2015Lisa Le Quelenec


Both versions are available at my Etsy shop Seasidestudiosuk.

5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

that looks great :D really nice lines

Bruce Sherman said...

Good evening Lisa!... A wonderfully active and energetic design... on two levels. The gull works in concert with the wave action to unite both compositional planes.

I like the plate where the image is confined... just my preference. But the spilling out of the water beyond the borders is effective in its own right too!

A great concept! Bravo!

Good Painting and Printing!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Chris Lally said...

Stunning! I really like #2 - so creative!

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful work, but I do prefer the top one where the waves push against the edges of the paper - maybe I'm more traditionalist when it comes to printmaking :) Both are lovely, though. I am glad you are continuing to make these, I know it's not easy to cut into that perspex!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Jennifer, thank you and welcome.

Hello Bruce, thanks. It's certainly fun to experiment like this, I am enjoying it immensely.

Thank you Chris.

Hi Rhonda, thank you. The perspex is really tough, I am thinking of swapping to some aluminum or zinc for a while to save my poor hands. I signed up for another term of the printmaking course so that I can access the larger presses and do some acid etching too.....watch this space ;o)