Thursday 27 April 2017

Submerged in the Sky - the moon and Neruda



Submerged in the Sky I  monoprint  ©2017Lisa Le Quelenec



I have been playing with some new ideas somewhat inspired by a translation of Neruda's 'Ode to the Moon', the idea of the moon being '...submerged in the sky.' is appealing as always its reflection on the ocean is a motif that seems to be constantly evolving in my work. I have been monoprinting and the process has taken over and so it developing and metamorphosing and blending with other strands and lose threads of work. I'm not sure where I am going with it but it is interesting none the less to let the process determine the direction.



Submerged in the Sky II  monoprint   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec



These are available as reproductions on Red Bubble or Fine Art America



4 comments:

Judy said...

Gorgeous shades of blue! Love the ammonites too!

Carol said...

Perfection!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Judy, I'm enjoying the blues after all the grey of winter ;o)

Thank you Carol! Much appreciated.

Chris Lally said...

Love your experiments, Lisa. These pieces are SO beautiful!!