Thursday 25 May 2017

Shining Sands



seasidetudios@blogspot.com
Shining Sands   acrylic on canvas board 20x20cm   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec



I am working on extending this series and have a couple more paintings 'on the go' . As I work on more than one painting at a time they all evolve together each one informing and developing each other in a constant conversation. I had thought I had finished two but when I went to the studio yesterday I could see that they weren't. A mini breakthrough on one has meant adjustments on the other two... It's all to the good.

It's funny but when I started working on these I had envisioned mark making being an important aspect of the series but it has really taken a back seat. The work has once more taken a life of it's own and is dictating it's own path which I am happy to follow and so the conversation continues.


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

And that's why your work is so unique, so beautiful, Lisa.
This piece is magical!

RH Carpenter said...

When looking at these one "breathes" in the sea and air and cool blue colors. Wonderful - and so glad you are working on a series of these and making breakthroughs that will be seen in the future paintings :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Chris! Much appreciated.

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I am glad that this is coming across. With recent world events I wish for everyone to take a little time to breathe. It feels like we could all do with a bit of a pause to breathe and cool off.