Thursday 7 December 2017

Heavy weather sketchbook pages & Seasons Greetings





Heavy weather sketchbook pages   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec



Well what a storm! We got off lightly in last nights Storm Caroline on the south coast but it was very wet and a bit blowy still this morning. Wild weather is always an inspiration for me. I think some more drypoints perhaps? A few drawings to start from a while back in my sketchbook as a starting point and I will see where this takes me.

Now the rain is passing the temperatures here are set to drop with the possibility of the rain turning to wintery showers....could we really get some snow here down south? It would be nice for Twinkletoes as he hasn't seen any of the white stuff yet. In anticipation I will sign off for the holidays with this ....




Winter   collograph with digital drawing   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec



Wishing you all a happy holidays & my very best wishes for a happy, healthy and successful 2018.

See you next year.


3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I have experienced enough snow to last me the rest of my lifetime, but can enjoy it in photos while I'm warm inside :). However, I have not experienced enough of your artwork to last me yet, so keep sharing and I'll keep enjoying the gift you give. What is it about seeing an artist's sketchbook that is such a wonderful gift? Perhaps it's the personal aspect of it = you are given a peek into that artist's mind and thinking process as they work out composition, color, value, etc. Thanks so much for sharing - and love the holiday card :). Wishing you the best as your year ends and another one begins!

Chris Lally said...

So glad you dodged the nastiest part of the storm, Lisa! Still, I love wild weather, too.
Thank you for sharing such lovely heavy weather sketches & that gorgeous card.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2018!

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Lisa!... Couldn't let the bad weather (at both ends) strip me of the opportunity to send out a greeting from this "Snow Bowl" region of the globe - our version of winter. And I love it! No tourists... no deisel fumes from too many idling buses... no more helter-skelter scurryings of rude and disrespectful interlopers. Just... "the sounds of silence"... and a pure white ermine coat to hide the dirt! Wonderfully cleansing for walking and thinking in!

Lisa... I wish you rich blessings of Health... Happiness and Good Painting!
Merry Christmas... and thank you for your supportive presence.

Warmest regards,
Bruce