Friday 14 June 2019

Groynes sketchbook pages - going back to the source



Sketchbook pages - drawing the groynes   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


I hadn't realised just how long I had been awol. I have been having a bit of trouble with my right hand this year but I am hoping to get it fixed soon. It has been making working a little difficult so I am thinking about how I can get around this. Anyway today I am relooking at sketchbooks and wondering/wandering where I will go next.....

The sketches above are from this year and below are from 2012 - I had completely forgotten about them! Funny how ideas and themes take a while to weave their way back into your conciousness and rise to the top. I think some printmaking might be in order soon but first a little more drawing.



Groynes sketches from summer 2012 ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I hope the pain doesn’t keep you from creating these wonderful works. And going back to old sketchbooks, one is often pleasantly surprised to find little gems! Take care.

Bruce Sherman said...

Love the sketchbook revival themes Lisa. From time to time, we all find ourselves searching for a new direction... or in some cases, searching to recover our steps t find the path we were on.

A simple mantra that I follow in my own artistic search is.... "Follow your heart... it knows where it is going." And knowing your good heart, this guide will serve you well.

Good luck with it. I'll keep checking back!

Warmest regards,
Bruce

Debbie Nolan said...

Your sketches are so lovely Lisa. I see how much the sea plays a part in your beautiful art. So glad you shared the ones from 2012. It is fun to go back in time and what a wonderful place to see what we were doing and experiencing in the past years.

On a side note - hope your hand will be fixed soon. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, luckily it's not too painful more of a dexterity issue. I'm counting my blessings. I like looking through sketchbooks and finding the things that I discounted at the time that seem of more relevence now. I bet you have some wonderful pages in your sketchbooks, especially from your trips, that inspire work long after.


Hi Bruce, wise words my friend. Sketchbooks are like a home aren't they? Somewhere comfortable to return to when you are through one adventure and getting ready for a new one.

Good to hear from you, I hope you are feeling settled now in your new abode. - Best wishes to you and Deb.


Hi Debbie, thank you. The sea is important to me, the cooler coastal temperatures have been much appreciated this last week as it suddenly got quite hot. Little four paws has been loving the paddling pool -not that she's spoilt :o) I hope your two are keeping well.