Thursday 19 December 2019

Clearing the path and happy holidays



Storm's arrival   sketchbook page and watercolour  12x12cm   ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


As I type the rain has started again - another storm is due. This will be my last post for the year as we are now racing toward the holidays. I have been reflecting on this year and have come to the conclusion that much of it has been spent straddling the line between realism and abstraction. I feel like I am at a border with a foot on each side like I need to make a decision on which direction to take. ( It occurs to me that part of this is a reflection of the influence of our political situation this year in the UK... It has certainly been a strange one.)

I know that in the coming year I would like to explore mark making in more depth and that colour might be making more of a comeback after so much grey and indigo (although that might just be a mini rebellion at the weather the last few weeks.) I think it will be a year of new ground and learning; I hope from time to time you will drop in and let me know what you think. So whilst some might think it a little odd to end the year on a stormy note I am seeing it as a positive - a clearing of the path to new and exciting things.

I wish you all a happy holidays however you celebrate the passing of a year, may 2020 be full of exciting opportunity, good health and happiness for you and yours. All my best wishes. Cheers!

7 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Dear Friend Lisa,
Your words used in this post combine with your always wonderful subjects and soft, delicate palette to produce an unusually eloquent and insightful gateway into your soul and consciousness.

Simply put... it describes and underscores ever so clearly your own thoughts and responses to the obscene and blatant disrespect and disregard for cultural differences and the planet's fragility. However, at the same time recognizes and addresses the fact that "weathering" life's storms is a natural response to nature's workings. Life consists today of ... and always has in the past, a readable pattern of storms and calms. That is alarmingly not the case in today's competition-driven and 'profit-at-any-expense' global society.

How beautifully descriptive your storm metaphor looms... "straddling" reality and abstraction. Personally speaking, I have found your "middle-of-the-road explorations to be refreshing... thought-provoking and inspiring when I sit down to my own easel or blog.

You have simply helped me to forge ahead without worry... knowing that the close of this decade offers me and all of us a bright fresh "canvas". Your words underscore my own continuing belief ... that "I" am not alone and that out of anything dark... and bad that arises in life, there exists as well, an equal ability to find Truth and good!

Your choice Lisa. I have really enjoyed all of your posts and our sharing. But today marks a special moment in our common passion and purposes. Let's remain connected!

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.

Warmest regards and blessings!
Bruce

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

New ground and learning...Your words describe the new year beautifully!
Happy Holidays!

Judy said...

Happy holidays, Lisa! And may your new year be full of new creative adventures!

Caroline Simmill said...

Seasonal Greetings Lisa, I look forward to seeing what new paintings you will feel inspired to paint in the New Year! Hope the storms don't get too bad. All the best Caroline

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lisa as always your art reflects your heart. That is the reason I love to see your work. As artists we must paint from the inside out and you always manage to do this friend. I understand storms physically and internally and it is in the midst of those prevailing, blustery gales we find our true selves. Am so looking forward to seeing where your cleared paths take you in 2020. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and that the New Year brings you peace and joy. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

Sometimes we need a storm to clear out the stagnant air :). Hoping 2020 brings you all the things you want the need and much creativity to come through the months ahead!

Maria said...

Desejo linds festas bjs saude