Thursday 30 December 2010

Back to work

 



















What a lovely Christmas break! (made even better by clear roads for travelling - no more snow) One of my best moments was having a cuddle with my nephew whilst watching a film - he's eight, so I'm not sure how much longer he'll want to be cuddling his aunty.

So now back to work.... I'm still playing with the inktense pencils. I drew this pine cone that I picked up on one of my walks in an A3 sketchbook. I thought I'd show a shot from before the water was added so that you can see how much more vibrant the colour becomes. I'll work back into it to claim back some highlights as some areas got a little bit too dark and some of the form was lost.

2 comments:

loriann signori said...

Hi Lisa! These drawing show solid observation skills. Thanks for showing the before and after. I will have to check out these pencils you are trying. Happy new Year!- Loriann

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thanks Loriann! :o) I think these will be a permanent feature in my sketching kit now. Let me know how you get on if you try them. Best wishes.