Friday 31 December 2010

Finished drawing

I finished the drawing late last night using a touch of gouache and acrylic ink to bring back the lights. I need to remember next time just how intense the inktense pencils are and to hold back a little to keep the lighter tones.

Taking a tiny object, in this case approximately 4cm high and drawing it much larger isn't new to me. I painted huge panels of parts of tiny shells during my degree, getting lost in the structure, pattern, texture and colours but I had forgotten how enjoyable it was.


Just for fun after photographing the drawing I cropped and manipulated the colour and contrasts on the computer. I like the way the scratchy marks pixalate.





Wishing you all a happy new year.

3 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Si..Si...Tanti Affettuosi Auguri a Te e Tuo Familia. Felice Anno Nuovo 2011.
Take care....Not to much Vino Calapso......! :0)x

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I was looking at your drawing (painting)? and thought how much it looked like wood...then remembered that it was indeed a woody pine cone (lol). .....Very nicely done...
Happy New Year to you.
Maggie

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you for stopping by Willie...

Thank you Maggie :o)