Hurrah! The first daffodil opened in my garden yesterday. Tucked in a dark corner under the apple tree. It's like a little sunny beacon and has inspired this mixed media study.
The paper I used was from my first batch of monoprints with the new ink I got recently. It was an attempt to get a ghost print that didn't really work. I'm feeling my way with printing at the moment and rather than waste all the failed prints I am using them for drawing on as some of the colours and textures are lovely even if the print didn't 'work'. One of the nice things about these inks is that they are still watersoluble once the ink is dried if they are remoistened. So with very wet watercolour washes you can get some rather nice effects - rather like watercolour and charcoal. To regain some of the brightness I used acrylic and some coloured pencil.