Thursday 22 November 2018

The beach to themselves



The beach to themselves   collagraph monoprint and mixed media 19x14.5cm   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec



Two collagraph monoprints with added coloured pencil - experiments with materials. I used a variety of materials on the collagraph plates - mostly different textured papers. For the sand ripples above I used sandpaper and in the piece below I glued loose sand to the plate before varnishing. It has given very different effects. As always it seems with collagraph the art is in the inking - I continue to learn with each and every print. It is such a satisfying process.



Last stroll of the day   collagraph monoprint and mixed media 19x14.5cm   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec 


Both are available at Seaside Studios UK on Folksy.


5 comments:

Judy said...

They are both beautiful! Interesting process, I just watched a few youtube videos about collograph printing.

Caroline Simmill said...

Beautiful works as usual Lisa, I have enjoyed seeing your colour study charts in your note book. Very important to do!

Chris Lally said...

Two more gorgeous pieces, Lisa. The second piece with the addition of the sand is pretty interesting :)

RH Carpenter said...

I like them both a lot but being a texture freak, I LOVE the second one and the sand!!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you so much Judy. The process is a joy - I quite enjoy geeking out experimenting with different materials ;o) I'm loving your eco prints too. It is a good time of year for trying new things and watching videos on you tube.

Well hello there long time no see Caroline. Thank you - always good to keep up with the studies isn't it. Lovely to 'see' you.

Hi Chris, thanks. I feel like I am making baby steps at the moment but enjoying the process.

:o) Hi Rhonda. It is very textured and glorious to stroke pencil along the textures after the ink has dried. I keep looking at all sorts of bits and pieces at the moment wondering how it might print. More experimenting needed...