Thursday 29 November 2018

Winter walkies



Winter Walkies    watercolour on paper 40x40cm   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec



The winter walkies I have been experiencing haven't been quite as idyllic as this. Dark, dreary, soaking wet and blowing a gale have been more the order of the day this week but still a girl can dream.... It has made me very thankful for my waterproofs.

Ironically, in a way, water has been the essential element in painting these two pieces with very wet washes, glazing and minimal pigment. I have used a triad of Daniel Smith's sodalite, cobalt blue deep and yellow ochre light again. I love, love, love the granulations they produce and it has been good to work on a slightly larger scale again.


Both paintings are available in my Folksy store Seaside Studios UK.



One Man & His Dog   watercolour on paper 40x40cm   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa these colors really create wonderful textures. I adore the way you captured the light places in the painting with yellow ochre. So beautiful friend. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

Gorgeous!! But sorry about the storms - hope it settles soon.

Judy said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours you used!

Chris Lally said...

The colors and granulations are so beautiful, Lisa! Love these!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, thank you. The pigments are a joy to use I like that I can't completely control them.

Hi Rhonda, the rain is still coming and going here. I'm very glad I have such good waterproofs :o) I am hoping the migraines that have plagued you have settled down. I think the changing air pressure this time of year has a part to play.

Thank you Judy and Chris - I think the colour mixing chart has been very much worth the investment of time. I know I will be refering back to it again.