Thursday 27 January 2011

The moon is bright tonight

 Four stages of the first painting in a mini series. (I'm working on the second at the moment.) It's painted using acrylic FW ink and acrylic paint. You can get watercolour-like thin washes with the ink and lots of water and still have quite intense colour, although I did build it up in some areas with some glazing.

The area by the moon which on screen is showing as a mustardy brown is diluted gold ink I added this to have a bit of warmth against all the blues and tie in with the trees.















The Moon Is Bright Tonight
acrylic on paper 20x20cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec
I like the contrast between the
fluid loose washes and the hard edges of the trunks which I will explore further in the next painting.

(Apologies for the formatting on this post, I can't seem to get the pictures to go where I want them to.)


In my next post I'm hoping to announce some exciting news.....






No comments: