Wednesday 19 January 2011

Storm coming!

Storm Coming!
acrylic on paper 19x29cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec

I got caught out in this storm at St. Agnes, Cornwall, a couple of years ago. It really did feel like the sky got this dark, I remember beach combing and exploring rock pools and looking up to this half and half sky. You couldn't see where the sea ended and the sky began. Within not more of five minutes of the rain starting I was soaked to the skin but within half an hour you wouldn't have known a storm had passed. - I love the Cornish weather, you can have everything within the space of a day.

This painting is another one that was started a little while ago and has been picked up and put down. Partly I think because I'm relying on memory and, whilst the memory is still vivid in my mind, I'm sure it is selective in the information I recall.

No comments: