Monday 21 November 2011

A big thank you and great news

End of the Day
acrylic on canvas 50x50cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec
Chasing the Light
acrylic on canvas 50x50cm
©2011 Lisa Le Quelenec

This weekend was busy with the craft fair at Hobourne, it was a lovely day with lots of visitors. I'd like to say a really big thank you to Margaret and the CADArts team for all their hard work in organising, setting up and advertising such a successful event.

I've also had some good news today, two of my paintings have been accepted in this years Red House Museum Open Exhibition. I am really pleased as I saw when I handed in the work last week just how high the standard of work was going to be from the entries already there.  The theme for the show this year was Daydreams and Brilliant Colours  and the two pieces I entered were End of the Day and Chasing the Light. What a great start to the week.




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Lisa. Both of your entries are beautiful pieces and match both criteria! Is it judged? If so then fingers and toes crossed for you :) If not, then I hope to hear of a couple of red dots !

Lydie said...

Congrats Lisa! Enjoy the moment.

Sherrie York said...

Yay! Congratulations! Great way to start the week, indeed.

Caroline Simmill said...

Well done Lisa this is wonderful news!

Jeanette Jobson said...

You leave the others wondering how they'll meet your standard I'm sure. Congratulations on having these pieces accepted. Its lovely to be recognized by your peers.

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations! And I'm sure your two were readily accepted - so beautifully painted.

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Congratulations. And best wishes and good luck for more terrific weeks ahead.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thanks guys..(blushes)... it's so nice to share good news with such a lovely bunch of very supportive friends. Your good wishes give me as much of a buzz as getting in the show. Thank you.