Wednesday 30 November 2011

Light across the bay - beginings of a painting



sunlight on the sea
coloured pencil on mid toned paper

This was a sketch done form memory, I've sketched this view from the beach at Branksome Chine many times. The overwhelming memory that I have from this particular day during the summer was the light. Full cloud over head, small breaks over the sea which cast lines of sparkle and the band of light that seemed to underline the distant silhouette of Old Harry Rocks and at the horizon a clear and hazy sky. I've painted this underlining band of the light before but this time I want to emphasise all of the sparkly light that glitters along the surface water. There wasn't much swell at all just a few lazy little waves close to the shore.



2 comments:

art by Michael Perchard said...

Lisa!
Love your clouds and ocean scenes.
I am an artist, living near the New England coast, U.S.A.
If you get a chance please check out my blog. I also paint ocean scenes, clouds, as well as other subjects.
I will check out your blog on a daily basis. Good luck.
Michael

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hello Michael and welcome. Thank you very much for taking the time to introduce yourself and commenting. I enjoyed looking at your lighthouse series, are these local to you?
Wishing you a great days painting!