Wednesday 21 December 2011

Last post for 2011

Preparations for the big day are taking up all of my time and the small amount of painting done isn't in a fit shape to share. I've been battling a very stubborn painting but to no avail and now time has run out. (A lesson learned in not trying to fit too much in methinks.) No matter, 2011 has ended on a high note with a successful exhibition at the Hayloft.

I would like to finish my last post of 2011 with a special message of thanks to everyone who has shown me so much support throughout the year both in and out of the blogosphere. I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a happy, healthy and successful 2012. I look forward to catching up with everyone in the new year.

Best wishes,
Lisa x

7 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Sending you wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a bright and creative new year :)

Jeanette Jobson said...

Merry Christmas Lisa, have a lovely holiday and every best wish for the new year.

Roger Seddon said...

Lisa, I do hope you have a very happy and relaxing Christmas and that 2012 brings you all that you wish for. I look forward to catching up with you in the new year and arranging another sketching day out together. In the meantime take care and enjoy everything you do. Roger xx

Bruce Sherman said...

Hello there Lisa!... Wonderfully wise sentiments expressed by "You" in this post!

The Christmas Season is meant for Family sharing in my thinking as well!

Finishing in a hurry defies the reason for painting. Frenetic activity most always produces less than an enjoyable experience and often discouraging results. Good to wait when the time and spirit can be one!

A simple... yet very wise zen proverb comes to mind which echoes our mutual sentiments beautifully I think:

"the snow falls,
each flake in its appropriate place."

Beautiful...calming thought....EH? HA HA!

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year Lisa... to "You"... your Husband and Family from The Paint Box Gallery Gang!

Warmest regards,
Bruce

PS Glad that your sale went well for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas and many creative blessings for 2012, Lisa......Maggie

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Happy holidays, Lisa and a wonderful new year for us all.

See you then.

loriann signori said...

Hi Lisa! Merry Christmas and happy new year! Congrats on your successful show. I don't think I told you..I love the banner painting on your blog. It looks great!