Monday 19 November 2012

From my pocket



Acorns coloured pencil 18x24cm ©2012Lisa Le Quelenec

Ooooops! Look what I found in my jacket pocket that I had forgotten all about. I'm pretty sure that I picked these up on a walk in Throop in early October. The colour of the acorns has mellowed into a beautiful amber, quite different to the fresh green that initially caught my eye when I picked them up. They have shrunk considerably too, the acorns rattling around in their cups.

It's only whilst looking at them so closely that I have seen the delicate wine/purple edging the grey scales of the cups. Perfect against the amber. These colours will be a page in my colour notebook as swatches for a future painting.




2 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Good Morning Lisa!... Another example of your hunter-gather-artist tendencies! HA HA

It is these personal little discoveries which shape our thoughts and our actions during other fallow times!

Good for you to continue to gather such "sweet nuts"... for a snowy day!

Good Painting,sketching... and Gathering!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Bruce, my behavior is a little squirrel like isn't it. We have a furry fiend that is visiting out garden at the moment and burying the peanuts from the bird feeder around the garden. Destructive little wotsit that he is! I will put my acorns out for him when I'm done ;o)

Best wishes.