Thursday 28 February 2013

Interviewed by Vandy Massey


Winter Light   pastel and charcoal on paper 48x48cm   ©2013Lisa Le Quelenec


I was contacted recently by artist and fellow blogger Vandy Massey about taking part in her 'Meet the Creatives' interview series. Reading the other interviews has given a real insight into the working process, motivations and backgrounds of the artists. I only hope I will be half as interesting. You can read the interview here.

Vandy is an accomplished watercolourist with an eye for colour and space. I particularly like her floral paintings - glowing sunflowers and vibrant poppies. To visit her gallery click here.

If you would like to see her work in person Vandy will be exhibiting with Denise Shearing and Mark Judson at the Whittlesford Gallery Cambridgeshire Saturday 9th - Sunday 10th March open 10am - 5pm. Do stop by and visit the exhibition if you are in the area you won't be disappointed.

Thank you Vandy for the opportunity taking part in your series. I'm looking forward to meeting the other artists as the series continues.

14 comments:

Sergio DS said...

I love the sea, I love your delightful painting.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, really cool painting, and can't wait to read your interview.

Helen K. Beacham Fine Art said...

Lisa, nice to meet you online! I, too, was interview by Vandy Massey and am enjoying her introduction of other artists to me and others. Have signed up to receive your blog posts! See you online again!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Lisa!... Wonderfully ethereal light in this one... and the sky-water contrast and interplay is marvellous! A gem!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Lydie said...

Magnifique ! Quelle lumière !!!

Vandy said...

Thank you for agreeing to be interviewed for my blog, Lisa. I hope many of my readers have the chance to discover your lovely paintings.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Sergio, best wishes.

Hi Maggie, thank you.

Hi Helen, welcome. I enjoyed reading your interview and finding out about your work. Some of those questions were tough weren't they? :o)

Thank you Bruce, I think this one might make it into an acrylic. I have a big canvas waiting for the right composition.

Thank you Lydie!

Thank you so much Vandy, best of luck with your show, I can't wait to hear all about it.

RH Carpenter said...

I so enjoyed your interview - and this painting is gorgeous! So powerful! WOW!

eM said...

Dear Lisa, I am so glad I could learn something about you in an interview. Very nice interview! And I found out that you are really very nice person and great artist as I could sense it from your blog. I like your meditative art and your story is very inspiring. Have a nice weekend!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I love your new avi - so cute :o)

Hi Marcela, thank you so much! You are very kind. I hope that you start to feel better this weekend and can fit in some drawing. Best wishes.

loriann signori said...

Hi Lisa,
I loved reading your interview. Great to have a sneak peek. The painting at the post is really beautiful.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Loriann :o)

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Just had a chance to read the interview. Wish it were longer. :)

Best-est

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Zoe, thank you :0)