Thursday 29 June 2017

Four watercolour feathers



four watercolour feather paintings by lisa le quelenec guinea fowl jay pigeon feathers
Four feather studies   21x30cm each approx   ©2017LisaLeQuelenec


I am pondering the recent acrylic paintings and to help give myself a little distance from them have been painting some new watercolour feather studies. These four are available in my Etsy store Seaside Studios UK .  Sometimes it is good to completely change tack and look again with fresh eyes at a later date.


9 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Love, love, love, love!

Judy said...

Gorgeous!

Debbie Nolan said...

Beautiful Lisa. Looks like one may be from a Blue Jay. Have a lovely day.

JANE MINTER said...

They look lovely all together

RH Carpenter said...

Gorgeous is the word and they would look great together!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Lisa!... These feathers are most certainly a notch above anything that I have seen from you. They are sensitively handled with perfect precision in form and color. Worth pushing forward further with Lisa! As you said... A nice diversion from the predictable. Bravo!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi again Lisa!... In looking them over again I wondered what might come from adding a shadow cast by each feather on the paper below.... a floating illusion perhaps???? Just me playing! HA HA!!

Good luck with your explorations!
Bruce

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Chris and Judy - thank you very much!

Hi Debbie, that one is from a blue jay. The colour and irridescence is just stunning - I have tried to do it justice.

Thank you Jane :o)

Thanks Rhonda, it would be nice to think that they might end up hanging together. Fingers crossed.

Does that mean that you like them Bruce? ;o) Thank you so very much! I love the idea of adding shadows I will have to try that. Best wishes.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Be still my heart! I ADORE these beautiful feathers.