Thursday 1 February 2018

A pebble repeat pattern




Pebble study in watercolour   21x15cm approx   ©LisaLeQuelenec2017


I love the markings on this pebble so much and just had to continue playing with it for a while. I thought it had the makings of a good repeat pattern.







Pebble repeat I   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec


After scanning and editing in photoshop I experimented with different layouts and combinations finally settling on this motif.
I like the graphic qualities of it and so decided to convert it to black and white.


I have added it to my RedBubble collection where it is available on a number of products which you can see here.








A few of the products that the pattern is available on via RedBubble   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec

5 comments:

Judy said...

The pebbles pattern looks great on fabric!

Chris Lally said...

LOVE!!

RH Carpenter said...

These do look great on fabric!!! I wouldn't have thought of doing that at all with the original image. You've got a good eye for design.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you ladies!

It was fun to do and I like the way the RedBubble interface allows you to see the designs that you upload onto products. Repeat patterns have interested me since I was a child and introduced to the work of Escher at school.



Sadami said...

A lovely work and a nice post, Lisa! Also, thank u for a kind comment on my blog. I sketch waves, too. When you click the label, "sea" in my blog, you'll have fun to see "waves." Me, too, love collecting pebbles, anything on a beach. Best wishes, Sadami