Wednesday 6 February 2019

Stripes on the shoreline no.6



Stripes from the shoreline no.6   paper collage mounted on paper 15x20.5cm   ©2019Lisa Le Quelenec



Trying to slow down and enjoy the process is quite hard as I can see so many ways to explore. I am making feverish notes for possible future work and experiments. I am mindful that one of my priorities for the experiment is to see a progression, an evolving of imagery. I am struggling with curbing my enthusiasm – especially with the imposed time scale that I am allowing myself.



This collage is available at folksy.

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa your process is gorgeous. I love your blues. The design is wonderful too...love that white square at the bottom - adds just the perfect balance for the thinner strips. Looks like you are finding your "sweet spot" friend. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, you have hit the nail on the head there. It takes most of the thirty minutes to get that sweet spot in the arrangement. The time constraints I think are helping me to make decisions more quickly. I'm enjoying the process as always. Best wishes.

RH Carpenter said...

There is a simple elegance in these pieces and you are hitting that sweet spot of composition (which looks easy but is not easy at all!!). I'm enjoying these so much and seeing where they take you :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I think I am starting to reach a bit of an interesting stage now.. the process is surprising.