Friday 22 March 2019

From the Groynes




From the Groynes I   mixed media   22x22cm ©2019LisaLeQuelenec


I love technology....when it works :o)  I have been without internet for a little while. It has been very on and off-able for some reason and I don't know why. I finally had a lovely couple of hours catching up and blog hopping - there is some very exciting stuff going on at the moment!


I feel a little excited at the moment too. It's a Spring feeling - out with the old and in with the new. Once February has passed the new year feels like it has really begun for me. I have been looking at my February project, re-reading notes made during the process, re-evaluating, tinkering in my sketchbook and pressing on. Above is the first image to emerge - a little bigger and this time working into the collage with paint. This is a scan of the work with a background of a beautifully tactile piece of handmade paper made from denim. I'm not sure if I prefer the clean look of a white backing or this greyed indigo - I haven't committed yet. What do you think?


5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

The greyed denim paper (!) gives this a looking-through-a-window feel to me and I like it. Love the paper, too!! It’s wonderful to see your process as you began these little studies and now are working them bigger and still evolving :).

Chris Lally said...

A departure, but very appealing, Lisa! Unfortunately, I love everything you do, so I really don't have a preference :)

Judy said...

It's wonderful to see your process! Denim paper, wow, I love it. It's just the right colour match for your work!

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa I think I like the denim look...it adds to your piece without stealing the show. Glad the spring feeling has arrived for you. I have it too. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you. I like the idea of looking 'through a window'. I will be pondering that for a while - it sounds like an idea to develop - thank you.

Chris, you are to kind. Thank you.

Hi Judy, the colour of this paper really appealed to me and it's rough and malable texture.

Hi Debbie, thank you. Isn't Spring wonderful? I don't want to boast but I have had short sleeves for the last couple of days only reaching for a jumper late in the day and it feels good. Finally my bulbs are putting in an appearance :o)