Tuesday 22 June 2021

Lockdown sky studies


 

 

Sky studies  10x10cm watercolour on paper   ©2020/21LisaLeQuelenec

 

 

During lockdown I spent a lot of time looking up. There were some fantastic coloured skies, the air seemed crisper and cleaner. Maybe due to a drop in pollution? I am fortunate to live within a short distance of the beach so could easily visit during the allowed exercise time/distance. It is only really now that I am starting to get used to seeing planes in the sky again and they are still alot more infrequent than before.

 

I started a series of 10x10cm watercolours inbetween the homeschooling, dog walking and in spare moments. I am starting to put these paintings into my Folksy store each measures 10x10cm and represents a quiet moment to forget about the stress of these troublesome times.

 

 

Sky studies  10x10cm watercolour on paper   ©2020/21LisaLeQuelenec

 


Sky studies  10x10cm watercolour on paper   ©2020/21LisaLeQuelenec



5 comments:

laura said...

Beautiful. I love it's amazing you can capture the sky in such a small space!

RH Carpenter said...

All are beautiful but the stormy skies are my favorite. And so intense in a small area - wow!!! So you didn’t just binge watch shows and eat a lot of snacks during lockdown?!! ha ha.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Laura, thank you. To myself I think of them as a 'big space empties' series, I hadn't thought about the physical size of the painting so much before. I wonder how small I could go...something to ponder...maybe I will try proper miniatures or inchies. I think that was a 'thing' a while back wasn't it. Ohhh you have given me something to think about - how exciting. Best wishes.

Hi Rhonda, much binge watching and snacksidents happened too. I am now fully up to date on The Walking Dead and all it's spinoffs - it hadn't appealed before but we ran out of other things to watch and I was soon sucked in. Maybe I related to the zombies a bit too much with the endless sameness of lockdown haha ;o) I hadn't thought I had done much painting but when J went back to school and I had a proper look I was surprised. The storms are definitely my favourite too. Have a great day.

laura said...

It occurred to me because once when I was a teen I took a roll of film of a beautiful sky over the ocean. When I got them developed ,,, what a disappointment! Something essential was definitely lost in translation!
I look forward to your "inchies"!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Ooohhhhh, you doubled the challenge. Today's post is just for you. 😃