Friday 17 December 2021

Surge II - another big wave collagraph

 

Surge II   Collagraph 14x14cm   ©2021LisaLeQuelenec

 

 

Another big wave collagraph in a varied edition of 6. I am experimenting between high and low key prints... more ink...less ink... strong colour more muted. So many variables to try, I guess it's the printmaking equivelent of taking a line for a walk. Whatever it is I am enjoying it immensely.


Surge II   Collagraph 14x14cm   ©2021LisaLeQuelenec



and then using one over inked print I re ran it through the press with another sheet of paper on top and made a monoprint - the same but reversed.


Big wave  monoprint 14x14cm   ©2021LisaLeQuelenec



I also like the plate at the end of the printing session and may frame that as an image in its own right....


Surge II   printing plate cardboard and mixed media 14x14cm   ©2021LisaLeQuelenec



Prints available in my Folksy store.

 


3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa those Surge collagraphs are gorgeous. The blue inks in different values gives them great depth. The monoprint could almost be a representation of a mountain with snow. Coming from a climate that sees snow it just made me think how nature can have different interpretations. Hope you have a great day. Hugs

RH Carpenter said...

These are so beautiful!!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you so much Debbie. You have given me more to ponder now... Water in all its forms. I have been reading a book called The Library of Ice by Nancy Campbell recently which has been very interesting. I wonder if that has influenced things.... So many connections. Best wishes.

Thank you Rhonda, I hope your ankle is healing fast now.