Thursday 26 May 2022

Lines in the water - linoprint

 

Lines in the Water I   linoprint 10x15cm  ©2022LisaLeQuelenec



So the last few days I have begun printing the lino plate from my previous post. I tried out a couple of colour ways and also over printing on to a pre-printed background. 


Lines in the Water I   linoprint 10x15cm  ©2022LisaLeQuelenec




Lines in the Water I   variations linoprints 10x15cm   ©2022LisaLeQuelenec


It was whilst I was inking up the plate in the top image colourway that I thought....hold on I have been here before....March 2018 (handy that I have been blogging for so long as it meant I could go back to check when)....a predecessor methinks..... How did I not make that connection? I am coming to realise that my working practise is circular or maybe that should be tidal? Themes wax and wane like the moon's pull on the ocean. I don't feel like I am reworking old ground though...rather eroding away at ideas until I reach (maybe one day if I am lucky) the essence of the thing. Back to mulling over ideas as to where this is going...time for a walk.


Elemental I, II & III   each image 11x18cm   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec


2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

My mind goes to fields of green or yellow (rapeseed) growing in these lines, although I do like the blue and white prints. Have you thought about changing up the colors a bit? Not that I want you to move away from water, sand, waves, sky and rocks that you do so well - just something to think about and shake it up a bit? And yes, I love the previous set you did! So many beautiful prints you have done - which reminds me, it’s time to order a few more journals for myself from your site!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Ooohhh yes! That could be interesting....I will add that to my print list. If only there were more hours in a day....sigh...
You have reminded me too that I have new work to upload to RedBubble...another endless list ;o)

Best wishes.