Saturday 1 October 2022

1 Sea Mist - acrylic on linen board


Here is the finished painting....


Sea Mist acrylic 20x20cm   ©LisaLeQuelenec2022






I thought I would try a little video....I hope it worked...


From now until October 31st I will be posting a painting a day that I have made over Spring and Summer. Some have been inspired by a quote from poetry or literature, things that I felt important enough to jot down in notebooks and sketchbooks over the years. For others the quote found me after the painting had been made and just seemed to fit perfectly. Either way I hope you enjoy the series. 


The inspiration for this painting came from a poem by Clinton Scollard called The Mist and the Sea'


'The mist crept in from the sea

Out of the void and the vast;

And bore the silver rain

A shimmering guest in its train...'

                                                                                              Clinton Scollard


The rest of the poem is beautiful, I loved the imagery that it captured and the gentle rhythms of its flow.


This painting is available in my Folksy store.



2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice, the light on the water draws me in.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you so much Maywyn. The light in Spring and Autumn is especially joyous to see here.