Thursday 3 November 2022

New Page Tab - Coastal & Quotes 2022

 


Heading to the beach ©LisaLeQuelenec2022


I have enjoyed building a collection again over the course of this year and as much as the planning and painting giving me lots to think about, the curating of the pieces - their running order and how they could be placed on walls has also been food for thought. I think I will work on another collection in this way next year, I already have a few ideas in mind, one is quite different to October's.... 


As these two photos show, if the weather the last couple of days is anything to go by there may not be quite so much time to research comfortably outside so there might be a bit more inspiration coming from things gathered and brought home. 


Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this collection of paintings and thank you for following along. All the paintings from October are available for sale in my Folksy store here.  To see the collection in its entirety I have made a separate page here on the blog, just click on the tab at the top.



And leaving pretty quick! ©LisaLeQuelenec2022



2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa what gorgeous photos. I can see why the sea and shore inspire you. Are there bad storms that you experience living along the coast? Those who live in the U.S. get hurricanes and bad tropical storms each year. Always admire those folks for continuing to keep on living there in spite of the bad weather. Inland we sometimes get tornados and blizzards but generally we remain safe. Hope you and your pooch are enjoying the beach together. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, thank you. We don't get storms on that kind of level luckily. We occasionally get 100mph (or a touch over) wind that brings down trees, fences roof tiles...mostly just inconveniences. Very rarely danger to life. What we seem to be getting more often is flash flooding, again just an inconvenience more than serious damage though other parts of the UK can suffer more. Where I am the drainage on the roads doesn't always cope, I think because the river is fairly close the overflow can back up when it's high tide too. I saw pictures recently of Sanibel Island and parts of Florida - those poor people really did get left with a mess! I can't imagine how hard life is for them right now, it looked awful.