Thursday 12 January 2023

Limpets and seaglass - watercolour

 

Limpet and seaglass  WIP watercolour 23x23cm approx  ©2023LisaLeQuelenec




Limpet and seaglass  WIP watercolour 23x23cm approx  ©2023LisaLeQuelenec


I'm not sure whether to continue painting at this point so added real shells and glass in various combinations to see where it might lead and try to nudge a decision.... I think part of the issue I have is that I am so unused to seeing my work on NOT paper as I usually use HOT PRESS and it has thrown me a bit... decisions...decisions....




Limpet and seaglass with real limpet shells and seaglass WIP watercolour 23x23cm approx  ©2023LisaLeQuelenec


5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa - first thank you for your lovely visit to my blog. Sounds like you are having a soggy winter. Your seashells and sea glass is gorgeous. I love the turquoise color. What a grand idea to help you decide whether you want to add more to the painting. Hope you and pooch are enjoying some walks along the beach. Take care friend. Hugs!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

They are lovely paintings. I love the way the paper's texture shows through.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Debbie, the jury is still out on whether to continue or not. I've put it aside for a while while I ponder. Cold but sunny days here for a week hopefully so we have been making the most of it. Best wishes.

Thank you so much Maywyn. This paper is a bit different for me from my usual. I think that is why I can't make up my mind. Wishing you a wonderful week.

laura said...

Beautiful paintings! I love the colors and the way you've painted the shells--each one is an individual

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Laura, thank you. As I have been working on this I have been thinking about painting some individual portraits to try and capture their individuality. I am finding the variations fascinating.....watch this space as they say...

Best wishes.