Tuesday 4 January 2011

Colourful greys

Funny how things can catch with you and all come at once...... after an unintended break which has come after the Christmas break, I really am back to work now and plans are afoot....

22x25cm watercolour and gouache

On New Years Day I had a lovely walk at the beach at Branksome Chine which has been inspiring me today. It was a brisk but not too cold day and although it was overcast and slightly hazy there was a lot of colour in the greys of the sea and sky. I'm using watercolour and gouache for this painting although I'm not ruling out the addition of acrylic too. I need to do more work on the sea and add in the shapes of Old Harry Rocks on the horizon. I'm hoping I will be able to complete it tomorrow and nothing else will pop up to prevent me from working.




So after my very sloooooow start to the year it was great to see someone who has had just the opposite, talk about make me feel inadequate... ;O) Sherrie over at Brush and Baren has completed a 9 colour reduction lino cut in just 3 (yes that's THREE!) days - the girl is on fire! Pop over and have a look-see it really is lovely.

No comments: