Tuesday 4 September 2012

Silver birch moon



 
Silver birch moon   30x40cm acrylic on canvas ©2012 Lisa Le Quelenec


Although my last visit to the New Forest was during a perfect summer day it did inspire me to return to an older theme of the forest lit by the full moon. This seems to be a series that I am not quite finished exploring yet. The strong back lighting of the trees and capturing the depth of space keep pulling me back to explore further.

This painting will be amongst the works I am exhibiting at the Hayloft Gallery in Christchurch from 7th - 20th September. A percentage from all the sales will be donated to two local wildlife charities. Do pop along if you are in the area and support this worthy cause.

4 comments:

Sharon Whitley said...

congratulations and good luck with the exhibition, would love to pop along but a bit too far for me!

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Lisa!... Strange how some ideas seem to hang around in our psyches longer than others!

I guess that it simply shows that we're clearly still not exploring the myriad of possibilities which one "Idea" or theme can present!

I love the moodiness that you have created here and the tonal fullness of he piece!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Caroline Simmill said...

Hi Lisa, this is a fine painting, very moody and beautifully painted with just enough detail to give interest yet does not distract from the mood of the moonlit forest. This is a seller! all the best for the exhibition.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Sharon, I guess it would be a bit of a trek for you but I hear that you like a good hike ;o) Best wishes.

Hi Bruce, this theme has me up at night at the moment as I can see so many possibilities. I've jotted so many thumbnails and notes that I think I could go on for years. Unfortunately I have other projects that need my attention first - isn't that always the way?

Thanks Caroline, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can raise lots of money for the charities that do so much good work. I look forward to your next post to see what you have been up to.