Friday 29 April 2022

Opaline seas - acrylic on canvas board

 


Opaline Seas   acrylic on linen board 20x20cm   ©2022LisaLeQuelenec



Sea greens follow me, from these milk glass shades tumbled by the waves for who knows how long to the deep emeralds and teals of a bright sunshiny day. I think I love each variation in the spectrum as much as the next. Spring sometimes brings the mists that blow in with chilly cold fingers softening the colours and sounds of the sea only to be burnt away by the sun as she rises and grows in strength over the morning.


This painting is available in my Folksy store.

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa I could never tire of your paintings of the sea. These are all so beautiful. May you have a lovely start to the month of May. Bet you are enjoying walking your dog by the sea shore these days. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

So beautiful, especially when you get to see the real colors while walking on the beach (or dipping your toes in the water). These are so gorgeous!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Good morning Debbie, thank you for stopping over and your kind comments. May has gotten off to a very good and busy start. I hope that yours has too. We spent a few days along the coast exploring the more fossil laden beaches which was really interesting. We are so lucky to have it so close to our doorstep. I find it hard to remember now what it was like not to have Lu by our sides. Best wishes.

Hi Rhonda, thank you. It's funny but this Spring I am noticing stronger and brighter colours as I treasure hunt along the sand. Part of me wonders if the times of lockdowns and less pollution in the sea and air made a difference to the sealife. Of course I might be just imagining it especially as we had cruise ships parked in Bournemouth bay for a large part of the lockdown as they were stranded with nowhere to go and they were chugging away keeping their engines from seizing up. The air at the time was certainly cleaner and maybe it has just taken a bit longer to show on the shore? Part of me is sure that it is a 'thing'. Did you notice any differences when you have been on your travels? Best wishes.