Thursday 18 January 2024

Inspiration from unusual places...


Rag rug watercolour thumbnail sketch  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec

 


Rag rug ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


It started on a sunny day, I noticed the denim rag rug and the way the light had faded areas - the patterns made by light and shade, the tones, the colours and textures... a little noticing.


Sketchbook studies - rag rug    watercolour   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec

I grabbed my sketchbook and sketched out some thumbnails.....which led to some collages.....


Collage WIP    ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Rag rug studies   collage with shells   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


That were strangely addictive to make.....  to be continued......



2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love this project!
You are so creative. The collages stir the imagination. With the shells, they are even more interesting.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you so much Maywyn! I think the pop of yellow from the shells are making the other colours sing. I'm trying to think of ways to utilise this aspect, I'm sure it will come out in future work at some point. Best wishes.