Wednesday 31 January 2024

Revisiting some older work - ebb & flow

 


Ebb & Flow   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




I have been looking back at some older work (around 2018 although it feels like much longer ago). Inspired by the pebbles and small rivulets of water that amble down to the sea. I'm gathering ideas, looking at references old and new. I need a project to get me through February a month that I always find difficult for it's cold snaps and dreary greyness. With the mist and darkness it feels like it has come early today.




Ebb & Flow II   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Ebb & Flow I&II are both available at RedBubble framed and unframed as reproduction prints in various options.

Time & Tide   a mix media and collage concertina book   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec



If you have been reading here a while (I thank you) you might remember this little concertina book that I made. I stumbled across it a few weeks ago whilst looking for something else in the plan chest. I like the simplicity of this series of work and want to revisit the themes in some way. I think I would like a warmer palette this time.....




Time & Tide   a mix media and collage concertina book   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec

 



Time & Tide   a mix media and collage concertina book   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec



Time & Tide   a mix media and collage concertina book   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec





Time & Tide   a mix media and collage concertina book   ©2018LisaLeQuelenec


3 comments:

laura said...

I do remember the booklet--I am a big fan of beach pebbles--so beautiful, and your photographs are lovely too!
It's good to revisit old work. Sometimes I'm surprised by it, or motivated to try again.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Laura, thank you. I am definitely being motivated by looking back through. I am bursting with ideas at the moment but trying to slow it down and be more considered. School half term will help with that as I won't be able to do anything for a week ;o) Best wishes for a creative week.

RH Carpenter said...

You know these cool blues make me swoon!! But looking forward to your warmer work coming up, too :). I am using your feather (blue-gray) print blank journal right now. I am always writing in a journal, just a daily (or so) journal of things going on, but it’s a habit I’ve had for decades…have journals going back to 1980’s all in a box…not sure I want anyone to read them but might read them again myself sometime.