Thursday 25 April 2024

Broken but Still Beautilful IV

 

April's model opted for a reclining pose to show off the voluptuous curves and well formed columella. The opposing curvatures of the form was a challenge with this one and I took a little liberty in strengthening the darkness of the shadows. As this shell seemed to be channelling a 40's movie starlet I figured it was all about the lighting. 



Broken but Still Beautiful II   pencil on A4 paper   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




The model for Broken but Still Beautiful IV   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




Just another mention that my watercolour series 'Little Treasures' - paintings of shells and sea creatures is currently offered 40% off in my Folksy Store until the end of the month. Unfortunately I am still unable to post to the E.U. but can post nearly everywhere else.


1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

I love your description of the shell, comparing it to a voluptuous 40’s bombshell!! And the theme of broken but still beautiful made me think of the sad life of Rita Hayworth, who was certainly broken and beautiful - who could forget her in the movie, Gilda? I love how you took your time to get the right depth in the shadows of the shell.