Thursday 2 May 2024

Spring or sea glass greens - coastal collage and mixed media

 


Untitled   Mixed media collage on A4ish watercolour paper  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Sand and water ripples ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


So much inspiration in this photograph...the colours and textures especially. I'm not sure what people think when they see me taking pictures of soggy sand but I am quite happy in my world 😊 This photograph could be the route of a lifetimes work there is so much that appeals to me.



Untitled   Mixed media collage on A4ish watercolour paper  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec





Ripples in the sand ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




Untitled   Mixed media collage on A5ish watercolour paper  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


I have always been drawn to green stones, probably because they are rare here, and have some lovely green serpentine from Cornwall. The very pale textured pebble in the photo I am at a loss as to what it is but would love to know. The mintyness is lovely.


A selection of minty green pieces are available in my Folksy Store.





Trying out a little video - after much messing around with editing this is my first effort!



Ripples and reflections ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Piddock made hagstones ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Hag stones made by piddocks are a bit more unusual here too, I normally find them made by tidal erosion. The perfect circles put me in mind of Barbera Hepworth's sculptures and one of my favourite quotes from her:



'Many people select a stone or pebble to carry for the day, the weight and form and texture felt in our hands relates to the past and gives us a sense of universal force. The beautifully shaped stone washed up by the sea is a symbol of continuity a silent image of our desire for survival, peace and serenity.'    - Barbara Hepworth



3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Lisa what lovely works of art. Yes, your photos certainly hold so many works of beauty waiting to happen. The Piddock hagstones are amazing. Barbara Hepworth's quote certainly puts the stone in great perspective. Hope you are enjoying a lovely start to May. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

I love the ripples created by the tides moving in and out on the beach, and you have captured the beautiful sea greens. I enjoyed the little video, too…hope you do more.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Thank you Debbie. May is turning out lovely which is a relief, time to get busy in the garden. Best wishes for a great week.


It's definitely a steep learning curve with the video, those short few seconds took so long to do. I need much more practise setting up the camera ;O)