Wednesday 14 August 2024

Abstracted Wave I - IV & Wave Water Sand Spray I & II mixed media on canvas boards

 

So I have been a little bit busy....



Abstracted Wave I - IV   mixed media on canvas boards 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Abstracted Wave I   mixed media on canvas board 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


A new mini series of pieces using acrylic and collaged textures, mostly from fabric and textured papers. My love of line expressed through the loose threads and frayed edges which I think works well with the movement in the water that I am trying to suggest.



Abstracted Wave II   mixed media on canvas board 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


The rough edges feel important to me to the pieces and so I have left a margin of the white canvas board showing which frame the image. It has been suggested to me that it acts like a kind of frame and given their size they would suit standing propped on a shelf as well as framed. What do you think?


Abstracted Wave III   mixed media on canvas board 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


All four pieces are available in my Folksy Store.


Abstracted Wave IV   mixed media on canvas board 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Wave water sand spray I & II   mixed media on canvas boards 20x20cm  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Slightly larger at 20x20cm here are two more in the series. Both pieces are available in my Folksy Store.


Wave water sand spray I   mixed media on canvas boards 20x20cm  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec 



Wave water sand spray II   mixed media on canvas boards 20x20cm  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec 




Wave Water Sand & Spray series   mixed media on canvas board   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




Abstracted Wave I   mixed media on canvas board 15x15cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Below some of the inspiration.



Southbourne Splashes ©2024LisaLeQuelenec





2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

These all catch my eye but my favorite is the one that flows up and over leaving the threads as the crest of the wave. What a fantastic group! Thanks for sharing your inspiration in the wave photos, too. Hope you are having a good summer - not too hot and dry where you are.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

testing...