Thursday 19 September 2024

Headland and a Sudden Shower - etching and drypoint prints

 


Headland    etching 6x6cm   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


It certainly is starting to feel autumnal now with noticeably darker mornings and evenings. Occasionally more dramatic skies and rain showers and a mellowness in the air. I have been reprinting and restocking some of my older plates which are now available in my Etsy Store with prints from these edition at Folksy too.




I have been inspired to work on some new larger prints. I am still in the platemaking and testing stage but hope to have something to show soon. Below are the initial sketchbook thumbnails - these are tiny inch square sketches/ideas - I am working out how to translate them into larger images, how far I can push the boundaries of the plate size before the image is lost. 




Sketchbook thumbnails for the Heavy Weather Series ©2024LisaLeQuelenec







A Sudden Shower   10.5x5.5xm  drypoint etching   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



No comments: