Thursday 14 July 2022

Sea worn textures shaped by the tide

 


Sea worn and sun bleached   ©2022LisaLeQuelenec


We are experiencing a heatwave here in the UK. I find hot summer days a trial at the best of times without it going to extremes so I'm not looking forward to the weekend and early part of next week. Instead of heading to the beach I will be inside with my collections revisiting inspirations already found. 

Arranging my beach findings, photographing and playing digitally with them always inspires new colour combinations, marks, textures etc, It is something to take time over and meditate on, to recognise connections and I don't get frustrated with paint or ink drying too quickly ;o) although a sketchbook will probably be pulled out for a play at some point. So that is where I will be for a while, looking at pretty things and refilling the well. I hope you enjoy the sunshine if that is your thing and if not enjoy the shade like me. Best wishes.



5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I wonder what brings us such joy when seeing these shells along with bits and pieces thrown up by the waves? I think it makes one want to dive into the water and swim and cool down in these hot, humid days. We are having 90+ degrees again - ugh - can’t walk unless I get up and out before dawn (which I am not going to do). I feel drained of energy these days and hope that feeling passes soon.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Stay cool during your art adventure!
Seeking inspiration from objects is relaxing. I think it can produce as many ideas as being out in Nature.

laura said...

Heatwave here too. So, a perfect time to try to get out, early or late, and comb the beach. I love the subtlety of the colors of your finds!

Debbie Nolan said...

I think we are all struggling with the heat...sounds like an excellent plan to refill the well. Stay cool friend. Hugs!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, it is a struggle in the heat isn't it. We are told that it will be warm and dry well into the Autumn. There have been lots of heath fires in the UK and everywhere is parched dry. I am longing for a little rain, though not as much as some parts of Kentucky seem to be having. I hope it cools for you soon.


Hello Maywyn, I find it very meditative arranging and rearranging these little nuggets of nature. Sometimes I think I must have been practising aspects of 'mindfullness' before I even had heard of the term. Best wishes.


Hi Laura, it's funny isn't it how you can go to the beach everyday and still find something to put in your pocket. I must return some of the collected bits and bobs soon or there won't be room to move. I hope you find some coolness soon too.


Hi Debbie, I hope you and your beautiful garden aren't wilting too much in the heat. At the moment I long for a little rain and despite England being renown for the wet stuff I can't remember the last good downpour we had here now...it was certainly a while ago.