Friday 23 February 2024

Mixed media collage - tide patterns

 


Untitled   Mixed media collage on A5ish watercolour paper  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Untitled   Mixed media collage on A5ish watercolour paper  ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Tide patterns ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




Sand ripples ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


Thinking about the patterns left by wind and water on the sand, how it forms ripples and carves hills and troughs - the traces left behind.


Worn by water and wind   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


So many of my reference photos have dogs walking through, sometimes Lu sometimes randoms... I think she shows the scale rather well in this one though. The pattern has formed by dry sand catching on the textures made by the sea as it is blown across the beach. This photo was taken in Jersey where the large and rapid tides make large shapes. By contrast the photo below is much smaller in scale.



The trail of water flowing back to the sea, navigating the pebbles left behind   ©2024LisaLeQuelenec




4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, my! These two pieces are so simple and so elegant and I know your artist eyes were working to get just the right placement and be able to make it seem as if it was just a bit of beach flotsam landing that way = so hard to do and you did it. Love the curving pieces that really bring it all together with a light hand. Gorgeous!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow! The collages are gorgeous! Well done, Lisa

laura said...

Elegant is the word I'd use too. So serene, calm too.Beautiful work: I love seeing the evolution!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Rhonda, thank you so much! I'm so glad that you can 'read' my intention. I had wondered if I was trying to combine too much and confusing things. Thank you.

Thank you Maywyn and best wishes.

Thank you Laura. I feel like lots of things are evolving for me at the moment- good word.