Wednesday 10 April 2024

Land or Sea? - collage and mixed media



Untitled A4ish collage and mixed media on paper ©2024LisaLeQuelenec


Pebbles colour inspiration ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



I am pushed and pulled on the tide.. is the series about the pebbles or the sea each new piece seems to change its' focus first land is more dominant then the sea....is this a metaphor.....? Edges, relationships, boundaries, liminal, erosion, words that are scribbled in my sketchbook.



Untitled A4ish collage and mixed media on paper ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Detail - Untitled A4ish collage and mixed media on paper ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



Sand Ripples ©2024LisaLeQuelenec



I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted! A virus got the better of me and then ten days of road trip travelling as far up as Edinburgh and Whitby to Liverpool across with a stop off in York has kept me away. So much inspiration on the trip and much beach treasure gathered.


I will be reopening my Etsy shop again soon. There has been quite a few changes since it was last open so a steep learning curve to get up to scratch but hopefully I will be ready in the next couple of weeks. Some of these new works will be available there.


4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Lisa I can see how your traveling has inspired such lovely collage artistry. Sorry to hear that you had a virus - I know many in my area have had such as well. Fortunately after another bout with covid in the autumn, we have been staying healthy. Hope your April is bringing you more great inspiration. Take care friend. Hugs!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The rythmn in your artwork is fantastic. I can almost feel the tides.

RH Carpenter said...

Once again, these are lovely. There is something that seems simple about the compositions but there is nothing simple about it because it takes so much thinking and past knowledge to make these pieces that seem to flow effortlessly, like the pieces have been thrown up into the air and allowed to land as is. But so much effort and time and concentration goes into these…and they are beautiful. I hope you are healthy and inspired to do more of these.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Hi Debbie, thank you. These viruses just don't seem to be going do they. Hopefully the warmer weather will help. Today the sun is shining and although still a bit chilly things do seem more hopeful. Best wishes for a wonderful week.


Thank you so much Maywyn! I hope you are seeing some sunshine.


Thank you Rhonda. It is amazing how mentally tiring they feel to make, I think because I am concentrating so much. They certainly are challenging me. I'll be popping over to yours soon to see some more of the portraits you are doing. That too seems like a challenging undertaking and yet you make it seem effortless.